1) In a small saucepan combine hot chocolate mix and cream. Heat over medium until hot and steaming…not quite boiling, stirring consistently. You want the sugar in the hot chocolate to dissolve. Set aside.
2) In large mixing bowl cream butter until smooth.
3) Add in powdered sugar and mix until combined. It will be very dry.
4) Turn mixer to low and slowly pour in your hot chocolate mixture. Once all is added turn mixer up to medium and beat for about a minute until light and fluffy, scarping down sides of bowl when necessary.
5) Spread or pipe on cupcakes.Recipe by CookiesAndCups.com